Mental health in a pandemic
The Mental Health Foundation has been undertaking a running survey to determine the pandemic impact.
A snapshot from their Covid 19 Adolescent Study includes the following:
- More teenagers reported poor mental health in February-March than November- December and August-September.
- People aged 18 and 19 reported the highest levels of poor mental health.
- Female respondents of all ages reported higher levels of poor mental health than male respondents.
- Respondents who have a mental health diagnosis reported higher poor mental health.
- Feelings of anxiety and depression* are also experienced more often and at higher levels in teenagers from lower social grades